Have you ever heard about Osho? Who was he?
Never Born – Never Died – Only visited this planet Earth between December 11, 1931, and January 19, 1990.
Osho, with these words, which are literally immortal, dictates his dispenses and epitaph with a biography as well. As he had removed his personal name from every single thing before, he finally agreed to accept the name Osho, and he explained that it is a word which originates from William James “oceanic.” He once said that it was not his name but just a kind of healing sound.
After some time, he gave this name a meaning, saying this: “Oceanic describes the experience, but what about the experiencer? For that, we use the word ‘Osho.’”
Osho was a spiritual teacher and leader, and also a mystic in India. His real name is Chandra Mohan Jain. At the time of the 1970s and also the 1980s, people knew him as Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, while he was just known by the name Osho some years before he died.
One of his students asked him a question: ‘Beloved Master, I feel shocked when you use the word ‘fuck.’ What to do?’
Then, Osho replied to him, saying that the word fuck is said to belong among the most fantastic and beautiful words and that the English have to be proud as it has it. He said that he believes there is no other language which has such an extraordinary word.
A person from California did some research on this word, and he said that a word which seems quite interesting and belongs to the English language is definitely the word ‘fuck.’ According to him, this word is magical and simply by how it sounds, it may describe pleasure, pain, love or hate. In the language, this word falls into different grammatical categories. You can utilize it as a noun, or as a verb – transitive and intransitive – and as an adjective. However, there are just a small number of words which have its versatility.
Despite its sexual meaning, the word fuck has some other uses, such as:
- Fraud: I got fucked at the used car lot.
- Ignorance: Fucked if I know.
- Trouble: I guess I am fucked now!
- Aggression: Fuck you!
- Displeasure: What the fuck is going on here?
- Difficulty: I can’t understand this fucking job.
- Incompetence: He is a fuck-off.
- Suspicion: What the fuck are you doing?
- Enjoyment: I had a fucking good time.
- Request: Get the fuck out of here!
- Hostility: I am going to knock your fucking head off!
- Greeting: How the fuck are you?
- Apathy: Who gives a fuck?
- Innovation: Get a bigger fucking hammer.
- Surprise: Fuck! You scared the shit out of me!
- Anxiety: Today is really fucked.
Moreover, this word is quite healthy. Doing it as transcendental meditation every morning, which means repeating “Fuck you” five times just when we wake up, as it will clear our throat.
The ten commandments of Osho.
In one interview, Osho was also required to list ten commandments, and he did that for fun:
1. Never obey anyone’s command unless it is coming from within you.
2. There is no God other than life itself.
3. Truth is within you, do not search for it elsewhere.
4. Love is prayer.
5. To become a nothingness is the door to truth. Nothingness itself is the means, the goal, and attainment.
6. Life is now and here.
7. Live wakefully.
8. Do not swim—float.
9. Die each moment so that you can be new each moment.
10. Do not search. That which it is. Stop and see.
And here is what famous people said about him:
Enlightened people like Osho are ahead of their times. It is good that more and more young people are now reading his works.
– K R Narayanan, former president of India
Osho is an enlightened master who is working with all possibilities to help humanity overcome a difficult phase in developing consciousness.
– The Dalai Lama
I’ve been charmed from reading his books.
– Federico Fellini
I really got into Osho’s books. I have always loved his books. They were top notch.
– Marianne Williamson, author
These brilliant insights will benefit all those who yearn for experiential knowledge of the field of pure potentiality inherent in every human being. This book belongs on the shelf of every library and in the home of all those who seek knowledge of the higher self.
– Dr. Deepak Chopra, Author of Ageless Body, Timeless Mind; Quantum Healing and Unconditional Life
I found No Water, No Moon one of the most refreshing, cleansing and delightful books I could imagine. It is a book which will never cease to be a comforting companion.
– Yehudi Menuhin
I read all his books.
– Shirley MacLaine
I have read most of [Osho’s] books and listened to tapes of his talks, and I am convinced that in the spiritual tradition, here is a mind of intellectual brilliance and persuasive ability as an author.
– James Broughton, poet, and author
And it is very healthy too. If every morning you do it as a Transcendental Meditation – just when you get up, the first thing, repeat the mantra “Fuck you!” five times – it clears the throat. That’s how I keep my throat clear!
This stunning hand-crafted Dragon’s Heart Pendant symbolizes a dragon heart which is powerful in itself. It emits energy when in contact with your skin. Expand your spiritual awareness this month with a healing layout designed to access the magic of the Labradorite crystal stone. Wear this symbol of wisdom, peace, understanding, and love.
You can FOLLOW US on INSTAGRAM HERE.
Featured Image Credit: Ben Drewry